We travelled across Washington, the Idaho Panhandle and tonight we are sleeping under Montana's Big Sky (in a motel!), It has been a long day and also a very hard one. It was hard to say "goodbye" to our family and pull out of their driveway. But I am sure that we will be back sooner than later. As we rode along and were getting further and further from Oregon, I was feeling pretty sad too! We have many very dear friends there that we will miss, but going forward we are anxious to see family in Montana too.
I have many fond memories of the states you are traveling through since I was born in Washington & have family there plus good ole MT where my sis and her family live. Sorry your trip was a hard one. I bet that motel bed felt really good? Some of the best sleep I get at times is in the car traveling. Good thing that Roger does most of the driving. Say Dave it looks like you backed up your trailer to keep those thiefs out! Yes we miss you too.....wasn't being an Oregonian for 6 years fun?? Some of those fast moments of planning to do something fun with you guys always was great. The last trip to the Rose gardens and finally finding a parking space before Dave said let's go home. The train trip to Portland that year right in down town Portland with all those people!! I will miss those lunches that we had once in awhile at the end. Well BOO HOO I better go now before I cry my heart out. We will call you one of these days. Keep on trucking and have fun!!
ReplyDelete